The Ministry has the following two attached Departments:-
Pakistan Public Works Department
Pakistan Public Works Department is an attached Department of Ministry of Housing and Works, responsible for implementation of the policies framed by the State in Housing Sector and in relation to affairs of the Federation. According to the Rules of Business, all the Federally Financed works except funded out of Defence Budget are to be executed through Pakistan P.W.D. In addition, Pak P.W.D. is also responsible for maintaining of all Government owned buildings and to act as custodian of lands and Buildings owned by the Federation.
Broadly speaking, the role of Pak P.W.D. is multidimensional and basically acts as Technical Advisor to Federal Government. The role and Functions are as under:
1. To plan, organize, execute and supervise all the Federally Financed and administrated Civil Works.
2. To maintain all Federal Government lands and property all over the
3. To maintain all Federal Government on all technical matters related to Housing, Building, physical Planning and Procurement Modalities.
4. To plan organize, execute project under SDG’s achievement Programme (SAP).
Estate Office Management
Estate Office was established in 1947, with the objective to allot the housing units to the officers and staff of the Federal Government posted in the Capital. Head Office of Estate Office Management is locatd at
The Estate Office Management performs:
1. Maintenance of General Waiting List.
2. Allotment of government owned accommodation to Federal Government Servants.
3. Recovery of rent of government accommodation / commercial units.
4. Eviction of un-authorized / illegal occupants from Government accommodation.
5. Proceeding of legal cases under various courts of law.
6. Allotment of commercial units on lease basis.
7. Estate Office is headed by Director General, who is assisted by a team of 30 officers and 326 staff members to perform the official business.
Moreoever,the following Companies are working under administrative control of the Ministry:-
Federal Government Employees Housing Authority (FGEHA)
Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation (FGEHF) was established as a cell in Ministry of Housing & Works in 1989 and on 26th March 1990 it was registered as a guarantee limited company with Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan under section 42 of Companies Ordinance 1984. The erstwhile FG Employees Housing Foundation has been established as Federal Government Employees Housing Authority through Ordinance promulgated on 12th July, 2019 by the President. Purpose of FGEHA is to initiate, launch, sponsor and implement housing schemes for Federal Government Employees on ownership basis in all major cities of
FGE Housing Authority allotted 22642 number of units to its members from 1989 to 2013 (19458 plots, 1595 houses & 1589 apartments) in
Housing Authority Foundation (PHA-FOUNDATION) Pakistan
PHA Foundation is a Public Company registered with Securities and Exchange Commission of
PHA Foundation provides low cost housing units to low and middle income groups of
Environmental Planning & Architectural Consultants (PEPAC) Ltd. Pakistan
PEPAC is a self financed Company established/incorporated in1974 through resolution to provide Town Planning, Environmental Engineering and Architectural Consultancy Services to projects initiated by the Government, Semi-Government and Autonomous Bodies.
It is registered with Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) and Pakistan Councilof Architects and Town Planners (PCATP) and is administered by a Board of Directors, which has its Chairman; Federal Secretary to the Govrnment of Pakistan in an ex-officio capacity. The Managing Director is the operational head of the firm. The organization has advantage of being fully under the Federal Government, yet operating as a private professional entity and competing with other private sector consulancies in the field to procure business in the market through competition generating finance from consultancy fee by clients to meet the day to day expenses/expenditrues.